Monday, October 17, 2016

STOP CLOWNING AROUND!

When I was a small kid, I LIVED for the Bozo the Clown show.  Bozo was cool and happy and educational, and had Georgio  Tsoukalos hair WAY before it was cool.  Bozo ROCKED!  There were clowns at birthday parties, at the circus, (though that's when I started to get a little freaked out by them. How could all those guys fit in a mini cooper?  Then, of course, the Rodeo Clowns (Pol. Correct term is now Bull fighter) at the rodeo. (Not pronounced ro-day-oh). 

Now, all of a sudden there are creepy clowns everywhere, and they are scaring the shit out of people.  My deep creepiness with clowns started when I read IT by Stephen King.  I can only think these are all King fans touting the new movie. But, hey, If you are scaring the crap out of people by dressing up as a clown, no one is going to go to the movie.  Why would they when you are giving it to them live. And by the way, Someone in large shoes is going to get shot. No really.  It's all fun and games until you scare the crap out of the wrong second amendment card carrier.  And of course, if and when that happens, it won't be the clown's fault.  I mean, who would shoot Bozo?

Now,  Target is removing clown masks from the Halloween line up.  (I will resist the urge to insert any politically driven replacement suggestions). Bummer. I guess we will have to go back to JUST PAINTING OUR FACES LIKE WE DID WHEN I WAS A KID.

I did an interview with the original Bozo the Clown, Bob Bell, many years ago when I was a radio show host.  Very pleasant and not scary at all. A little creepy when he came to the station in full make up. It's RADIO..... Aside from that, I felt like a kid again with my hero, Bozo the Clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog has been in Quarantine

Ok, so I put my blog in Quarantine since last September , lest it be infected  with all the Covid, Vax, and political B.S. that is running r...