Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Super Worm Equinox Moon.....

Soooo....Today is the first day of Spring!  It is also a Full Moon, and evidently it has something to do with worms...

It happens occasionally when the moon is full on the day of the spring Equinox. Today the daylight and darkness are the same length.  (Simplified, I guess that means 12 and 12).  

I love breaking out the telescope and doing moon viewing when there are super moons.  The last event was the blood moon a few months back. Pretty cool.  So, I hope everyone enjoys the Super Worm Equinox Moon. I won't be watching, because, yes, its cloudy and going to rain tonight.  I know this big ol' moon will still be there in its full glory. Hiding.

It's called a worm moon because it's the first full moon of March, and because the ground is thawing, the worms start to come out of hibernation.  I don't know...They could have had a better name like the new flower bud moon, or the thank God winter is over because I am so over shoveling snow moon.  Maybe the we have to turn the clocks ahead and loose and hour of sleep which I think is stupid moon. How about the "It's Spring and I am super randy" moon. The weather is warming up and road construction season is starting moon. or "You think a regular full moon brings out the crazies, just wait til tonight" moon.

I am sure you get the point and can come up with a great name of your own. 

In the meantime, go out and enjoy the Super Worm Equinox Moon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog has been in Quarantine

Ok, so I put my blog in Quarantine since last September , lest it be infected  with all the Covid, Vax, and political B.S. that is running r...