Friday, November 11, 2016

Salute a Veteran Today

It does not matter if you "Support" going to war or not. Leave the feelings aside and salute a Veteran today.  These are the people who keep our country safe. They are the ones who go into the belly of the beast so we can sit on our couch and watch Monday night football. 

My Father is a Vet. He served for over 30 years in the Army. He went to Viet Nam at least twice that I know of. He met my mom when she was a young strudel in Germany about 5 minutes after he enlisted. They met in 1958 and I was born in '59.  My Dad is oine of the best men I know. He was proud to serve our country and fight for our freedoms that we have today. 

It really does not matter if you are Republican, Democrat or Indie. When you are on the field of battle, you don't ask the guy next to you who he or she voted for. You just take care of the person wearing that uniform that says "I am an American, and I will fight to the death to defend the great country I love." 

God Bless our servicemen and women in all the military branches. Thank you for being there for US every day. You deserve the best our country can give you. You are all heros. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog has been in Quarantine

Ok, so I put my blog in Quarantine since last September , lest it be infected  with all the Covid, Vax, and political B.S. that is running r...