Sunday, November 13, 2016

And so it begins..................

With a week and a half until Thanksgiving, we got it out of the way today.  My brother in law and his wife are here visiting from Canada.  The timing of their trip made it easier to have turkey and all the fixins' today.  My wife and I will then use this T-day credit, and do NOTHING on Thanksgiving day but sit at home in our jammies and watch the Macy's parade.  (I will admit it was strange to cook a full blown Thanksgiving day dinner (Complete with pie and naps) and not have the parade on.  Maybe I will DVR it this year so if by chance I find myself in a similar situation next Fall, I can watch it again. That all said, I guess my family has officially kicked off the Holiday Season.  Ho Ho Ho. 
The Christmas CD we talked about earlier is done, just waiting  to get it packaged, but they are ready to order.  E mail me at Speedcatproductions@hotmail.com for Pay Pal instructions. They are 10 bucks each plus 2 bucks shipping, with the proceeds going to St Jude's Children's Hospital and Toys for Tots.  It's a great album featuring 10 great Las Vegas headliners. 

Within the next two weeks, there will be nowhere in town that you can go without being in the midst of Christmas music, trees, lights, Bell ringers (donate something this year) and good tiding of great joy. Not to mention all those great Black Friday deals!  It is the start of my favorite time of year, albeit totally commercialized. Oh well, we take it all. Heck, it's Christmas!! 

Do yourself a favor.  Between now and December 24th, make it a point to watch  It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause, A Christmas Carol (my favorite is George C Scott), The Family Man, Holiday Inn, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Christmas with the Kranks, The Christmas Story, And end it Prancer on Christmas Eve.  

Deck someone's halls and Jingle someone's bells this year.

Have a Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog has been in Quarantine

Ok, so I put my blog in Quarantine since last September , lest it be infected  with all the Covid, Vax, and political B.S. that is running r...