Tuesday, October 18, 2016

An Absence of Yard Signs

I think this is the first time I have ever seen a election year where there is an obvious absence of yard signage. 

It MIGHT have something to do with HOA regulations, but even in the places where there are dozens of banners for state and county reps, there is an absence of Presidential signs.  

I suppose that people are keeping their choices to themselves fearing some kind of backlash from people who are on the other side. This election year is so volatile and passionate that both sides are at a breaking point.  People are afraid to say who they support unless they are just another face at a rally. Surrounded by like minded people.  

There is also a lack of bumper stickers. Hell, I still see Obama / Biden or Romney stickers on cars even now. (I even saw one for "W" a while back) But a lack of stickers cheering on either of the candidates now.  It is by far the weirdest election year I have EVER seen. 

It will be interesting to see how all this pans out. I, too am not going to reveal my preference, as I (as promised) don't want this to be a political blog.  May the candidate you are rooting silently for do well.    Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog has been in Quarantine

Ok, so I put my blog in Quarantine since last September , lest it be infected  with all the Covid, Vax, and political B.S. that is running r...